House of Fisher is proactively working to improve our environmental credentials, reduce our carbon footprint and become a greener company. We have engaged with a specialist company, Greengage, who have awarded us with an ECOSmart accreditation and we have launched a dedicated sustainability section on our website.
Whilst we appreciate there is some way to go to achieve our ambitious green targets, we are taking many positive green steps and are well placed for our green journey ahead.
In 2022 we are implementing many environmentally friendly additions to our aparthotels and serviced apartments, allowing our guests a great night sleep, knowing that when they stay with House of Fisher they are staying far more sustainably than many accommodation provider alternatives.
We are pleased to share from our detailed Greengage ECOSmart report the below highlights:
- Most House of Fisher apartments are fully electric (no gas)
- 55% of our electricity supply is from renewable energy sources (we are proactively looking to increase this further in 2022)
- We offer full recycling facilities at all House of Fisher locations
- Most of all House of Fisher properties have super efficient LED lights, sensor lights and timers to reduce wasted electricity
- All toilets have dual flush options to avoid water wastage
- Some of our properties have solar panels, generating environmentally friendly energy for those properties and feeding back to the grid to provide renewable energy for others
We have many ambitious plans for the year ahead and future years as we implement further positive changes including sourcing greener suppliers and partners, implementing a paperless accounting system and further environmental improvements to our properties and procedures, along with actively working with green charities.
We look forward to sharing our environmental roadmap in the coming weeks, be sure to visit our sustainability section for the latest updates. This public commitment in the form of a roadmap demonstrates how seriously we are taking our environmental goals. The #HOFfamily are all behind our environmental aims and we are excited to improve our sustainability for the greater good of the precious world we live in.