Reading is a prosperous area for businesses and residents; a base for 13 of the world’s top 30 largest global brands, the UK’s number one tech cluster and the UK’s fastest growing city economy 2017 to 2019. Reading’s 322,000 residents enjoy the UK’s highest wages outside of London, one of the world’s top 200 universities and a 25 minute train journey to London Paddington!
As a company House of Fisher has been operating within Reading for over 20 years. We provide serviced apartments within our Aparthotels to both business and leisure travellers and have a portfolio of over 100 apartments in Reading alone. With our corporate headquarters based in Theale, Reading as an area plays a significant part of our history and our exciting future.
Despite a worldwide audience, community is a key and core value for House of Fisher. We employ locally and work with local suppliers whenever possible. Being a member of Reading BID (Business Improvement District) and contributing to their support is another important way that we can enhance the experience of our guests, employees and local residents.
The positive impact from Reading BID has been experienced throughout the business community, with 81% of businesses voting in favour of a continued partnership in 2014. With such a thriving business community as previously mentioned, it creates ‘challenges’ for businesses and the local community, but having the Reading BID team supporting us is extremely reassuring. Amongst the benefits we witness and experience from Reading BID are:
- Connection – It unites many of the local businesses and business community and its employees
- Security – With PCSOs, 24/7 manned CCTV and support networks, crime has reduced and continues to do so
- NightLife – With an abundance of vibrant bars, restaurants and clubs, a range of support is provided to ensure safe nights and returns, for which Reading has been awarded the prestigious Purple Flag!
- Ambition – We have seen continued investment and growth within the area
- Attraction – Reading is a popular hub for both business and leisure travellers, and BID schemes for recycling, littering removal, flower decorations and festive lights/cultural events enhance this
With the revamp and reopening of Abbey Quarter shortly, becoming the Crossrail Western Elizabeth Line terminus in 2019 and predicted to be the UK’s fastest growing city economy, there is a very exciting future ahead for Reading, its residents, visitors and businesses! At House of Fisher we are excited by the future and the continued support of the fantastic efforts from Reading BID.