The hospitality sector is a huge worldwide industry and in the UK there were 223,045 hospitality businesses in the UK as of 1 January 2020, 3.7% of all UK businesses. In the three months to September 2020, there were 2.38 million jobs in the hospitality sector in the UK, representing 6.9% of total UK employment (source).
Why work in Serviced Apartments?
There are many similarities between hotels and serviced apartments, both are based on delivering a fantastic service to long and short term guests staying overnight, whether those are staying for business or leisure reasons. However, the Serviced Apartments’ industry is a forward looking industry and one of the fastest growing within hospitality. It’s well recognised across the world, partly due to the fine work by organisations such as ASAP.
It’s a highly popular choice for travellers, particularly corporate travellers but now also within the staycation market. There is a huge crossover now between holiday lets, hotels and apartments, accelerated since the COVID-19 padamenic but a trend that is here to stay.
Like many hospitality sectors, our staff tend to be multicultural, with many international backgrounds, making our industry diverse and inclusive. Many form great camaraderie and friendships at work, creating a great social community. In addition, the serviced apartments’ sector offers a wide range of opportunities and quick career progression for those seeking it.
Why work for House of Fisher?
House of Fisher is the market leading owner-operator of aparthotels and serviced apartments in the Thames Valley area, particularly in Reading with our flagship aparthotel 100 Kings Road. Our position has been cemented by recently winning global awards for SME Business of the Year, twice (we are the current holders).
Below are some of the many reasons to join our team, known as the ‘HOFfamily’:
- We offer structured induction and tailor made training programmes, which also include an emphasis on Health & Safety (& COVID compliance) for our staff.
- HOF encourages further training on the job, this could be NVQs or other higher education diplomas, covering the cost and allowing for flexibility in time for course work, etc.
- We offer flexibility in terms of job functions and multi locations, giving a varied and exciting work day. Many of our roles are highly multi-skilled, whereby you learn more and therefore are able to develop faster.
- We offer incentives like bonus schemes, but also many other staff benefits like length of service vouchers, dress down Fridays, company parties, free parking, staff rates etc.
- We invest fully in staff for retention and engagement, we believe future growth for staff is beneficial for the company.
- We focus on personal performance reviews and development plans.
- HOF is a family owned company and our core values reflect this.
- Our length of service is very high compared to the industry norm, something we are very proud of!
- We offer an internal referral scheme for recruiting new staff. A friend of the ‘HOFfamily’ is a friend of ours!
- We always look outside the box and welcome all candidates, not only the ones with a hospitality background. We believe there are many transferable skills available from other sectors and this gives us a fresh perspective on our business.
- We are always happy to consider internships, apprenticeships, part time and full time options for our staff for added flexibility.
Do you want to become part of the ‘HOFfamily’ at an awarded winning company? Send your CV or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to start the process.
Still not sure if House of Fisher is right for you? Read some of our staff testimonials.