With the Easter holidays fast approaching and schools breaking up from 24th March and some through to 15th April, entertaining children is a big consideration for many! To assist we have provided some ideas for days out and activities within the Thames Valley area:
- Wellington Country Park – https://wellington-country-park.co.uk/
As the biggest outdoor play in Berkshire and with events all year round, this is an absolute must for families this Easter.
- The Oracle shopping centre – https://www.theoracle.com/
Free of charge and open 7 days a week! The Oracle is a renowned place to shop with people travelling to experience the wide range of shops including a fantastic John Lewis. The Oracle is surrounded by a fine selection of restaurants and bars, catering for all tastes, many of which look directly onto the beautiful River Thames. There are many other activities, including a central VUE cinema which is always a winner for children.
- Reading Museum – http://www.readingmuseum.org.uk/
Free of charge and educational, ideal for children and adults alike.
- Reading Climbing Centre – http://www.readingclimbingcentre.com/
A great facility for both experienced climbers and complete novices. Introduction courses for children are also available.
- Highclere Castle – https://www.highclerecastle.co.uk/
A fantastic and interesting visit, particularly for fans of Downtown! Tours are available, along with walks amongst its stunning grounds.
- Northcroft Leisure Centre and Swimming Pool – http://www.leisurecentre.com/northcroft-leisure-centre
Whilst it may be too early to brave the 71.8m outdoor swimming pool, there are a vast range of sports, lesson and activities available within this popular centre and an impressive 25m indoor swimming pool.
- Northcroft and Goldwell Parks – http://info.westberks.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=29201
Two attractive adjoining parks in Newbury with a mature landscape of trees, play area and zip slide, BMX facilities, outdoor sports pitches for football and cricket, woodland walk, River Kennet and Kennet Canal links and cycle paths.
- Coral Reef – https://www.everyoneactive.com/centre/coral-reef-waterworld/
Having recently reopened following a major renovation, the new and impressive centre is perfect for children and even has spa facilities for adults to relax! With thrilling waterslides, an erupting volcano, a pirate ship and a variety of other features, there’s something for everyone within the pool area.
- LEGOLAND – https://www.legoland.co.uk/
Legoland is a fantastic visit that encapsulates the imagination of all ages. With constant reinvestment, the park is continually improving and becoming more impressive every year. The park reopens on 9th March, well in time for the Easter holidays!
- The Look Out Discovery Centre – https://www.bracknell-forest.gov.uk/leisure-services/look-out-discovery-centre
A brilliant range of activities for children including – The science exhibition, Play areas and Shows. The grounds have renowned cycle tracks, with colour coded routes (similar to skiing) for beginners through to advanced riders.
- Go Ape – https://goape.co.uk/days-out/bracknell
The opportunity to climb high up along courses, finished by a thrilling zip wire back down to the ground!
- Bowling – http://www.hollywoodbowl.co.uk/our-centres/bracknell
A fantastically fun activity for all of the family. At Hollywood bowl are a range of restaurants and bars, perfect for unwinding following some excellent games of ten pin bowling!
- John Nike Leisuresport – http://www.jnlbracknell.co.uk/
A range of activities including an Ice rink and dry slopes for skiing, snowboarding, tubing & tobogganing.
- Windsor Castle – https://www.royalcollection.org.uk/visit/windsorcastle
Surrounded in History, Windsor Castle is a very popular tourist attraction, with visitors flocking from around the world. An array of tours are available and why not experience just before the Royal Wedding in May 2018!
- Windsor Duck tours – http://www.windsorducktours.co.uk/
Fun tours starting off on land before floating along the river Thames!
- Odds Farm – http://www.oddsfarm.co.uk/?/id=DOWTK
Brilliant opportunity for children to develop and understanding and love for Animals. Also available at the farm are outdoor adventures, indoor play and animal demonstrations, ensuring a fun filled experience!
- Festival Place – https://www.festivalplace.co.uk/
Free of charge and open 7 days a week! Festival Place, Basingstoke is a renowned place to shop with people travelling from afar to experience the wide range of shops and eateries. The centre includes a VUE cinema featuring 10 screens, many recently renovated with new leather recliner seats, providing maximum comfort to enjoy 4K screen viewing!
- Milestones Museum – https://hampshireculturaltrust.org.uk/milestones-museum
Turning back the clock for an exciting and educational experience.
- Basingstoke Leisure Park – https://www.basingstoke.gov.uk/rte.aspx?id=97
Activities include the Aquadrome, Odeon Cinema, Planet Ice (Home of ‘The Basingstoke Bison’s’ ice hockey team), Hollywood Bowl, Gala Bingo, Pitch and Putt, The Academy Snooker Club and IFLY (Indoor skydiving Centre)
- Jump Factory – https://www.jumpfactory.co.uk/
An indoor trampoline park, perfect for lots of fun and unleashing lots of energy!
- Golf Centre – https://www.basingstokeleisure.com/basingstoke_golf/FAC_MiniGolf
A 9 hole par 3 course, driving range, putting green and mini golf
- Gravity force – http://www.gravityforce.co.uk/locations/camberley/
With 50 interconnected trampolines, you can literally bounce off the walls! Also in this arena of fun is a huge foam pit, basketball lanes and dodgeball courts.
- The Atrium – http://www.theatrium-camberley.com/
Plenty of activities featuring a VUE cinema, Tenpin bowling, Magic Castle (soft play area), Pure Gym and a large selection of restaurants.
- Horseshoe Lake – https://horseshoelakeactivitycentre.co.uk/
Fun outdoor water sports and activities including canoeing, dinghy sailing, kayaking, windsurfing, stand up paddle boarding, dragon boating and raft building
- Jakes Indoor Softplay and Mini Farm – https://jakesplayworld.com/
- Go Karting – https://www.team-sport.co.uk/go-karting-farnborough/
Strap on your helmet and buckle up for a great time of racing with the family!
- Active Nation (Aldershot) – http://activenation.org.uk/outdoor_venue/alpine-snowsports-aldershot/
Following a record breaking Winter Olympics for Team GB, be inspired and learn to ski or snowboard with a range of starter instruction packages. There are plenty of other activities available, include the fast and fun donutting down the slopes!
- Air Sciences Trust Museum – https://www.airsciences.org.uk/
With free admission free this is an excellent day out for the family. With a museum and a range of aircraft, it is a brilliant opportunity to learn more about the aviation world both in the past and future.
House of Fisher offer a wide range of serviced apartments within the Thames Valley area, perfect for business and leisure travellers. Our full range of accommodation can be viewed at this section of our website: https://houseoffisher.com/location